SECTION 204.1 :RMEIMEEN TO FUHAIS
What’s App: +962 7 7099 1814
* When contacting Tourism Police for emergency identify that you are hiking the Jordan Trail, state your nationality, location and map name & number.
JTA office: +962 6 461 0999
(Working Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Sunday- Thursday)
Leave the village by the road and continue along a good track up a deep valley between gardens, eventually rising up to cross a highway near Al Ahliyya university, then making you way around the head of the next valley touching the outskirts of the Christian town of Fuheis. The Carakale Brewery is a few kilometers beyond the stage end.
It’s possible to catch a ride along the main Salt-Amman road.
There’s a bus to Fuheis from Amman (from main King Hussein Park)
Fuheis– Hotels are rumored to exist in town, but none that can be booked online. Contact the JTA for the latest information
- Rmemeen Church and Mosque
- Ancient Church
- Al-Ahliyya Amman University.
- Fuheis Sport Climbing routes
- Fuheis Church
- Wadee’ Al-Safi Theater (Fuheis)
- Carakale Brewery
- Shops and restaurants are available in Rmemeen and Fuhais
- Shop at traffic light – Black Iris supermarket and falafel restaurant
- In Fuheis, near the St. George statue, there is a shop owned by Basil who has spent time in US and speaks English well.
- Zuwwadeh Restaurant.
- At the traffic light mid-way are various small shops with drinks.
- Two artesian wells are in the wadi. They are fenced and posted that entrance is prohibited, but if a guard is present, you may be able to get water.
- Rmemeen & Fuheis
- There is more shade on the first half of the stage.
- Second half of the stage is not so pleasant with a garbage dump, prison, junkyard, and dogs. It’s worth considering skipping ahead from the Salt-Amman road.
- ATM machines are available in Fuhais.
- A gear store is located in Fuheis: Camping Gear Amman (https://web.facebook.com/Camping-gear-Amman-1027481237266436/)
- Bathrooms are available in restaurants and Mosques along the stage.
- Mobile service available all the time.
- Animals – Some aggressive guard dogs
- Dehydration/heat exhaustion – There is little shade on the second half of the route.
Abu Ragheb (Rmemeen) – 0788436068
Ra’eda al Naser (Fuheis) – 0772542882
Sameh al Naser (Fuheis) – 0777636355
We’re still collecting this information. Do you know something that might be helpful?
For more information on transportation in Jordan, click here.