SECTION 204: RMEIMEEN TO AS-SALT
What’s App: +962 7 7099 1814
* When contacting Tourism Police for emergency identify that you are hiking the Jordan Trail, state your nationality, location and map name & number.
JTA office: +962 6 461 0999
(Working Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Sunday- Thursday)
Leave the village by the road and continue along a good track up a deep valley between gardens, eventually rising up to cross a highway near Al Ahliyya university, then making you way to the city that is full of history, Al Salt.
It’s possible to catch a ride along the main Salt-Amman road.
There’s a bus to Salt from Amman (from Amman’s North Bus Station – University of Jordan)
- Homestay/Wild Camp, Beit Aziz, +96253559999, +962795124919, Beit Aziz , JT Pass Stamp As-Salt
- Experience, Yalla 3 As-Salt, Hisham Awamlah, +962795605918, JT Pass Stamp As-Salt
- Homestay, Wadi Al Naqah Women Cooperative, Lamiaa Abu Rumman, +962772006606
- Saltus hotel, +962795421790
- Rmemeen Church and Mosque
- Ancient Church
- Al-Ahliyya Amman University.
- Salt Handicraft Training Centre
- Orthodox Church
- Ottoman Mosque
- Beit Abu Jaber
- Shops and restaurants are available in Rmeimeen and Salt
- Shop at traffic light – Black Iris supermarket and falafel restaurant
- Mountain Breeze Restaurant
- Watar Zeryab Restaurant
- At the traffic light mid-way are various small shops with drinks.
- Two artesian wells are in the wadi. They are fenced and posted that entrance is prohibited, but if a guard is present, you may be able to get water.
- Rmeimeen & Salt
- There is more shade on the first half of the stage.
- Second half of the stage is not so pleasant with a garbage dump, prison, junkyard, and dogs. It’s worth considering skipping ahead from the Salt-Amman road.
- ATM machines are available in Salt.
- A gear store is located in Fuheis: Camping Gear Amman (https://web.facebook.com/Camping-gear-Amman-1027481237266436/)
- Bathrooms are available in restaurants and Mosques along the stage.
- Mobile service available all the time.
- Animals – Some aggressive guard dogs
- Dehydration/heat exhaustion – There is little shade on the second half of the route.