SECTION 401: WADI ZARQA MA’IN TO WADI HIDAN
What’s App: +962 7 7099 1814
* When contacting Tourism Police for emergency identify that you are hiking the Jordan Trail, state your nationality, location and map name & number.
Bashir +962 7 7844 2200
The day starts with the long ascent of a pleasantly undulating ridge with the old Roman road sometimes visible nearby. There are great views down to the Dead Sea, the Jordan Valley, the cliffs and hills in Palestine. Beyond the nice summit ridge a path leads to the road, which is followed a short way to the SW before descending a long wadi to meet a track. After crossing the valley a path then goes down past dolmens to the verdant depths of the hugely impressive Hidan Gorge with waterfalls and pools in its river.
- Buses go from the Amman’s southern bus station to Madaba. From Madaba, take a taxi to stage start/end points.
- Road access exists near the stage beginning (a few hundred meters from Zarqa Ma’in) by 4×4, halfway (Atruz/Beni Hamida) and at the end (Wadi Hidan). Access to 4×4 roads is possible for most of the route.
- Wadi Hidan
- Atruz & the Beni Hamida Tribe
- Machaerus (Mukawir Castle)
- Roman Road & Ruins
- Ridge overlooking the Dead Sea