ADOPTED BY: THE LAND COMPANY
SECTION 104: RASOUN TO AJLOUN
What’s App: +962 7 7099 1814
* When contacting Tourism Police for emergency identify that you are hiking the Jordan Trail, state your nationality, location and map name & number.
Bashir +962 7 7844 2200
Generally easy walking today, often on country lanes through the rural villages of Al Ayoun with opportunities for a pre-arranged lunch in one of Al Ayoun’s homestays. RSCN’s Soap House and Calligraphy house are also nearby for an interesting visit. Then the walk meanders over increasingly high semi-forested hills and past the ruins of the ancient church of Mar Elyas to the Islamic castle of Ajloun on its dominating hilltop with a Visitor Centre, cafés and hotels (currently rather mediocre) in the town below.
- Private vehicles between villages, Eisa Dweekat can arrange.
- General public transit between villages: no set schedules, buses leave when full, many routes only have private cars *service available. From Baoun to Ajloun: 5-7JD, from Rasoun to Ajloun: 7-10JD
- Wadi Tawaheen Guesthouse (Abu Sultan), $, (0)77-6846239
- Alasef House Bed & Breakfast, $$
- Marian Bani Saaed Homestay, $, females only, (0)77-2288143
- Muhammad Dweekat’s Homestay, $, (0)77-2293291
- Um-Ahmad Homestay, $
- Ali Al-Smadi Homestay, $, (0)77-6301505
- Naim Anizat Homestay, $, (0)79-6544410
- Ajloun Castle area
- Al Jabal Castle Hotel, $, (2)642 0
- Rasoun, Orjan, Baoun villages have small shops or supermarkets
- Cafe at Ajloun Castle
- Restaurant at Ajloun Hotel just down the street from the castle
- Rasoun, Orjan, Baoun villages
- Mar Elias bathrooms (you may want to purify)
- Ajloun Castle
- Bask in this pleasant day with great views, friendly villages, and a diversity of historic sites.
- Route is waymarked and used frequently.
- Loose footing – There are just a few very short sections going up or down trail on inclines with loose footing.
- Animals – Hikers may encounter shepherd dogs.
Ehab Shawashreh (Rasoun) – 0796830414
Um Ahmed Magdadi (Rasoun) – 0772089782
Mohammad Dweekat (Rasoun) – 0772293291
Abu-Johar (Ajloun) – 02-6420525 / 079779254